Engineers outdo other candidates in NMAT, India’s largest management entrance test for a single B-school.
Mumbai, January 24, 2013: SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Deemed University has declared results of NMAT 2013 for admission to its management school. NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) 2013 is the official entrance exam to enter NMIMS School of Business Management, which is the largest management entrance test in the country in terms of highest number of applicants for a single B school.
NMIMS School of Business Management is among India’s top-10 B-schools and is rated as number 1 in learning experience among best B-Schools in India by Business Today in 2012.
Highlights of NMAT 2013 results
In all a total of 68,041 candidates had registered for 780 seats through NMAT, the 21% growth in registrations compared to last year has made NMAT the management entrance test with highest growth in registrations. About 30% of the registrations were from female candidates. The 70-day window for registrations was open from October 11 to December 19, 2012.
- 95 percentile was the cut off set for NMAT 2013 to shortlist candidates for Case Discussions (CD) and Personal Interviews (PI)
- 2378 candidates have been shortlisted for Case Discussions (CD) and Personal Interviews (PI)
- A total of 456 candidates have scored above 99 percentile
- 90% of the shortlisted candidates are from the Engineering discipline.
- An overwhelming 32% of the candidates have tried to improve their score by opting for retakes (NMAT is the only management entrance test in India which allows candidates to retake the test in order to improve the scores)
- About 40 % of the shortlisted candidates are from the Northern region of the country.
“It is heartening to see that we are ushering in 2013 with a talent pool that is one of the best in the country. For more than three decades, NMIMS has been the choice of best of the breed students for their management studies. It is a vast platform offered to students from all parts of the country for an equal opportunity to compete for a bright future. The NMAT results indicate that Engineers have dominated in selection which is a continuation of earlier trends,” said Dr. Rajan Saxena, Vice Chancellor, NMIMS University.
Case Discussion round and Personal Interviews of the shortlisted candidates will be held between February 12- February 23, 2013. NMAT applicants can check the results on http://www.nmat.org.in/
Located in the heart of India’s financial capital – Mumbai, SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (http://nmims.edu/) is amongst the nation’s prime centers of educational excellence & research. With the legacy of 31 years, NMIMS has grown to not only being one of the top 10 B Schools in India but also emerged as a multi-disciplinary university with eight constituent schools that include Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Business Economics, Science & Distance Learning.
Today more than 12000 students and 350 full time faculty members are part of India’s most sought after academic community, i.e., NMIMS