The B-Schools of Sri Balaji Society, Pune are approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. Most of the companies visiting them for Campus Placements are seeing all the qualified students of all the four Management Institutes during Common Campus Placements. While the President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune is the Executive Director of BIMM, the first B-School of Sri Balaji Society, Pune he is the Dean of all the remaining three B-Schools. All the Institutes are located in one beautiful campus. The hostel is also common to all. The courses offered by each of these institutes are listed in this Handbook. Thus each institution is important and enjoys equal status and attention from the Top Management.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any statutory University (45% for reserved category).
- In case of PGDM (Executive Batch), candidate should have 2-3 years of industrial work experience as a full time employee in the field of Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Operations, Systems and related areas of management in the industry is eligible. These applicants should submit the industry experience certificate signed by the Director(HR) or any other authorised signatory of the Company / Companies and copies of their Appointment Letters along with the application form. There will be no difference in the course curriculum for this batch and they will receive the same inputs as applicable to the PGDM Programs except for the fact that they can expect lateral placements with higher compensation packages. Those having lesser number of industrial experiences also get different and upgraded placements depending upon their corporate experience though they may not be admitted to the Executive Batch, but to the other courses.
- Relevant work experience means full time employment in any company and not in the family business. It also means working on full-time basis on the specialization departments in the company such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Operations and so on. Only such candidates can expect differential compensations based on work experience. However the selection committee can look into all the other type of work experiences and consider award of marks.
- Candidates appearing for any final year Degree examination up to June 2015 can also apply. However, if they fail to match the above qualitative requirement when the result is declared for the graduation examination, they will be relieved from the course compulsorily. Same will be the case with respect to those who fail in their degree examination, which means a candidate should qualify his/her graduation examination with a minimum of 50% marks latest by the academic year 2014-15. The mark sheets should be submitted to the Institute latest by 01 September 2015.
- Medical Fitness should be as explained in this Handbook.
- Should be willing to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Sri Balaji Society, Pune as explained in this Handbook.
We accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, as CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores are issued to the students, any student who has appeared for the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT examinations can apply for our courses with the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. Thus, all the four Management institutes will accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, the XAT, MAT and CMAT scores will be equalized and validated to the CAT score value and that will only be counted for the purpose of merit list. Anyone having any objection to the same, need not to apply. We do not believe in any cut-off points as we give only 30% of the weightage for the entrance examination, while making the merit list.
Candidates who fulfill the qualitative requirements will be called for the Group Discussions by experts. This will be for duration of 30-45 minutes per group. This may include role play, case studies and extempore speech and GD. 40% of the weightage in the merit list will be given to the GD process. Therefore the GD process may extend to the second day although all efforts will be made to complete the process in one day. This is an elimination round.
This expert panel interview and the essay marks will carry 30% of the weightage. This panel will assess the candidates on various parameters including the suitability of the candidate for a particular specialization. The panel will also give opportunity to the applicants to add or delete course options.