MBA Health Care Management Track
Quinnipiac University, as part of its long tradition of education in health sciences and health care administration, offers a master of business administration with a track in health care management.
This program prepares students for administrative roles in the health care industry and emphasizes the training of managers who work collaboratively with highly trained professionals from a variety of clinical disciplines in all health care settings. Students gain a comprehensive knowledge of business subjects that are increasingly important in the complex health care industry.
The MBA/health care management track is taught by doctorally trained or professionally qualified faculty with extensive experience in the health care industry. The program offers students new to the health care industry, as well as students already in the industry, the opportunity to expand their theoretical and practical knowledge.
Applications are reviewed when all materials and the application fee are received by the University graduate admissions office.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to send a transcript from the original university. These transcripts must be provided by the institutions in a sealed envelope.
- Evaluator Forms/Letters of Recommendation You must have two professional references submitted on your behalf. Once you enter your recommenders’ contact information on the application and move to the next screen, they will automatically be emailed a form to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Personal Statement: You will be asked to include a personal statement discussing why you wish to pursue the MBA program and how a degree from Quinnipiac will assist you in your career goals.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
- Official Test Scores: An official GMAT or GRE exam score is required for all tracks of the MBA program. The preferred candidate for the MBA program will present GMAT scores of 500 or more or GRE scores of 150 or more on each section of the test, verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning.
- GMAT or GRE Waiver in lieu of Official Test Scores: A request for GMAT/GRE waiver may be submitted as part of the application process. In general, applicants meeting any of the criteria below may be eligible for such a waiver with documentation of the specific circumstances under which the waiver is being requested. These include, but are not limited to:
- a) Completion of a minimum of five years of post-bachelor’s, professional and progressive work experience that reflects increasing responsibility, particularly in such areas as budgets, finance, operations and staff supervision.
- b) Completion of a master’s or doctoral level degree from an accredited institution within ten years of the application to the QU MBA program. This includes the JD, MD,Ph.D. and other related degrees.
- c) Passage of the CPA or CMA exam series and possession of a license to practice.
- d) Completion of all CFA examinations and designation as a CFA charter holder.
Eligibility for a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee admission. Applicants granted a waiver and subsequently denied admission may request reconsideration of their application with the inclusion of GMAT or GRE scores.